Re: [PROPOSED] Quicktrack to fixing typos

On Sat, Oct 31, 1998 at 12:34:50AM +0000, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	In such a case, the maintainer must announce the intent to the
>  debian-policy mailing list at least 2 days in advance, and, if at the

    Just as a minor nit can we make this 3 days so as to clear
weekends?  I think waiting a day on a typo isn't going to kill anyone
and might forestall claims of "Wait, but that comma changed the
meaning when I wasn't looking!" type things.
    Sorry if that sounds incoherent.  I just got back from being on
the road.

> 	Since this is an amendment to the informal guidelines, and not
>  the policy itself, do I need to go through with the full proposal,
>  complete with seconds and all, or can we just stipulate it into the
>  policy?

    Unless we get serious objections to it within 3 (2?) days, let's
just drop it in as its own example of how it would work for typos :)

 Zed Pobre <zed@va.debian.org> | PGP key on servers, fingerprint on finger