/usr/doc/*/changelog required ?

A question regarding the /usr/doc policy:

Python builds several packages from a single source. Until now, I kept
all documentation in /usr/doc/python. The package's doc directories
had only the copyright file (as requested by the policy) and a
README.Debian that pointed the user to /usr/doc/python. IIRC, this was
the proposed solution at that time.

But now, lintian issues an error "debian-changelog-file-missing" for
all these packages.

The policy doesn't say that it's required to have the changelog in
/usr/doc for every single package.

Should I remove those sparse doc directories and instead install
/usr/doc/PACKAGE as link to /usr/doc/python ?

	Gregor