Re: NAG messages.

Dale Scheetz wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Brian White wrote:
>
> > > This is a formal request for removal from the NAG distribution list.
> > >
> > > Receiving 100 useless messages, each indicating an outstanding bug, is the
> > > worst kind of spam. It imparts no information, either about the bugs, or
> > > any suggested fixes. It only adds useless mail to my inbox, which I must
> > > delete in order to see important mail.
> >
> > I don't want to remove people.  I feel the nag service is a helpful service
> > for many people that just need a small push to encourage them to fix their
> > outstanding bugs.

It's reduculous to have debian-policy and - with ~170 messages - debian-dpkg
spammed with that mails.  They can be helpful when there are only a few
of them and one can react.  If you receive tons of them, they don't make
sense anymore.

It would be more helpful to investigate the problems, bring them up on
-devel, develop a solution, upload the patch, decrease the severity to
fixed etc.  This would be helpful.

> >    Tired of spam?  See what you can do to fight it at: http://www.cauce.org/
> Yes! I'm tired of your spam. STOP!

*rotfl*

Regards,

	Joey

--
*** Fatal Error: Found [MS-Windows], repartitioning Disk for Linux ...