ip-{up,down}.d scripts

An example ip-up.d script:

	/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/fetchmail

There is also:

	/etc/ppp/ip-down.d/fetchmail

I don't believe this is covered by policy, it's just provided there for
packages to make easy use of it.  I'd like to suggest we change this
behavior, which would require a bit of a rewrite to policy sections 3.4.1 if
people like my suggestion, so here goes:

Why not put things in those two dirs above into /etc/init.d?  They are
system services, just services that are start'd when ip-up is run and
stop'd by ip-down.

This would also require an optional parameter added to run-parts in
debianutils for a parameter to run with..

This line in ip-up

	run-parts /etc/ppp/ip-up.d

would become:

	run-parts /etc/ppp/ip-updown.d start

and similar in ip-down with stop.  Files in ip-updown.d (better name
appreciated if you can think of one) would be symlinks ala the runlevel
stuff or something..

The rationale for this is that a lot of programs set these things up for ppp
only.  Cable modems for example--you'd still need fetchmail (their customers
are usually windoze users, what did you expect?) but you'd want it on system
startup because you'd be using it over a LAN as far as Linux is concerned.
You'd want that in /etc/init.d then and you'd want to start it after
/etc/init.d/network sometime.

It also makes things more ... seemingly universal.

It's noteworthy that /etc/init.d/network does not follow the format spelled
out in the policy manual, but I'm not sure how you'd make it so it did
really...