Re: {PROPOSAL} #7890: Policy manual contradicts itself about including docs

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
> 	I also further stated:
>         I was not really suggesting replacing the info documentation
>     (or the man pages, for that matter), I meant in addition to. The
>     policy *does* say that HTML is our preferred format, so it should
>     also be provided

Yes, I mostly agree.  The *source* of the documentation should also be
shipped if possible (i.e., SGML, TeX).  This enables people to patch
documenatation and send in diffs; it also enables them to possibly
format the source into whatever media they like.

One other point which is possibly worth mentioning is that our
suggested format for native debian documentation is debiandoc-sgml.

Post-sig:  Manoj, shouldn't we be CC'ing the BTS for discussion?