Re: Call for seconds: Policy modifications

Hi,
>>"Enrique" == Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:

 Enrique> I guess I don't get it. If the information is vitally
 Enrique> important for the package to work, it's not enough to
 Enrique> display it, some action must be taken to be sure the package
 Enrique> is ready to work just after installation, isn't it?

	Correct. Some action, by someone. Like a human. Not
 necessarily a script.

 Enrique> For example, it's not enough to say "you must edit foo for
 Enrique> this package to work", the postinst must open foo in an
 Enrique> editor.

	No, this does not follow. As long as I am made aware that I
 have to do something, that is enough. I may choose to edit now, in
 another console, or make a note and edit things later (knowing that
 the package is not working in the meanwhile).

	Flexibility. With the error message, I can choose to do
 whatever. Like not miss the dinner wit my S.O. Like get the machine
 up with the package XYZ non-functional, but get the SMTP server up
 *first*.

	Don't take away my right to decde when I edit. But don't sneak
 in changes without telling me.

	manoj
--
 Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable. Plato