Re: Call for seconds: Policy modifications

On Sun, Sep 13, 1998 at 05:10:37AM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> Zed Pobre wrote:
> > Part 3: (bug#25385)
> >
> > Section 4.1 ("Architecture specification strings") should be changed
> > to allow the Hurd operating system.  This requires that the segment
> > reading:
> >
> >   where `<arch>' is one of the following: i386, alpha, arm, m68k,
> >   powerpc, sparc.
> >
> > be changed to:
> >
> >   where `<arch>' is one of the following: i386, alpha, arm, gnu, m68k,
> >   powerpc, sparc.
>
> This is wrong.  It would add gnu-linux as an architecture.  What is
> needed is to add <arch>-gnu to <arch>-linux, for all architectures.
> (Currently there is only an i386 port, but that may change).

Ehm, we use hurd-i386 as the architecture for uploading packages. If we
really want to be smart, we use standard architecture notation, as used with
autoconf. However, the simplest solution is to add hurd.i386 (so the policy
matches current practice).

Marcus