Re: Call for seconds: Policy modifications

Hi,
>>"Zed" == Zed Pobre <zed@moebius.interdestination.com> writes:

 Zed>   If the upstream changelog file is HTML formatted, it must be
 Zed>   accessable as /usr/doc/<package>/changelog.html.gz.

	Why not changelog.html? That way they can be looked at using
 any HTML browser. What is the reationale for asking HTML files to be
 compressed as well? It makes sense for plain text files (using less,
 it is transparent to the user that the file is compressed.
 Similarily, info, and man can access compressed files transparently.
 The most popular HTML browsers do not.

	Thus it makes sense not to compress HTML files unless there is
 compelling reason (like size).  In that event, I would prefer policy
 to specify an (arbitrary) size above which HTML files be compressed,
 rather than a blanket compression of all HTML files.

	manoj

--
 I think that I shall never see A billboard lovely as a tree. Indeed,
 unless the billboards fall I'll never see a tree at all. Ogden Nash