Re: /usr/X11R6 process

>  Philip> I think I'm the Policy Czar, if we have one.
>
> 	You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. You mean you missed the two
>  weeks of discussion, followed by the 10 day voting period, the vote
>  results, the discussion of the vote results, my reply to Jim about
>  the current state of affars? Are you sure you want to be involved
>  with maintaining policy, as you do not seem to have time to look at
>  the policy list?

No.

I meant in the sense that it might be a good idea to have one person that
can tell one of the Policy Editors that they should actually go ahead and edit
the policy, once the agreed policy decision process is complete.

I'm not convinced that there is a desperate need for this, but occasionally
things fail to get done, simply because nobody feels they have the authority
to do it.

If the default the default state is that one of the several Policy Editors is
assumed to take it on themselves to do the CVS update, and that works, fine.

If it turns out that the wheels turn more smoothly, if there is someone that
has the job of saying ``Go ahead'' to the editors, then I don't mind doing
that, and if it turns out that I'm on holliday, or otherwise occupied, then
we're just back to the default state of not having a Policy Czar (or whatever)

> 	BTW, folks, the CVS repository for policy documents has been
>  set up, and it shall be populated tommorrow, when I am more
>  awake.
>
>  >> Do people agree with this proposed process?  If it's OK, I'll make a
>  >> first draft of the document, which we can debate.
>
>  Philip> Sounds good to me.  Go for it.
>
> 	No, NO, No. As I already replied, and Jim agreed, we have
>  *voted* on a process already. Let us not regress and restart
>  the whole process all over again.

OK, so I got confused while reading some mails out of order, so this was
irrelevant.  Please ignore it, since the X idea seems to have died since.

> 	Seriously, where have you been tha last couple of weeks?

Thats what you get for reading mail before the first coffee ;-)

BTW I still think there needs to be a Policy Team Leader, just in order to
make sure that individual changes get done by one person, rather than none or
several.  I don't really care who does it --- Manoj, do you want the job ?

Cheers, Phil.