Re: /usr/X11R6

Hi,
>>"David" == David Engel <dlengel@home.com> writes:

 David> On Sun, Aug 30, 1998 at 12:20:38PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> Such a move would, in fact, break section 4.1 of the FSSNTD,
 >> and would also violate the FHS.

 David> I don't think so!  IMHO, the key phrase in that section is
 David> "This hierarchy [/usr/X11R6] is reserved for the X Window
 David> System, version 11 release 6, and related files".  My
 David> intepreation of this phrase is that nothing except X11R6 may
 David> use that directory -- not that X11R6 must use it.

	I think that is stretching it. And, apart from making us very
 different from all other X installations, what actual benefit does it
 serve? (All I have seen is that this is a cool idea).

	manoj
--
 Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of
 death. Miyamoto Musashi, 1645