/usr/X11R6

Hi,

I'd like to get a policy decision on whether /usr/X11R6 is for:

 a)  the X11 system only

 b)  the X11 system + all applications that depend upon it

This is not spelled out clearly in any policy document (or the
FSSTND/FHS).

This was debated a month or so ago (mostly on debian-devel), but there
was no consensus.  At that time, nobody was in charge of policy.

There is a bug (#24031) against the Gnome packages requesting that I
move them to /usr/X11R6 - but I'm hesitant to do this until a policy
is established one way or the other.  I personally have no preference.

Cheers,

 - Jim