Re: contact address for virtual package name list

Package: debian-policy
Severity: normal
Version: 2.4.1.3

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:
> [Please CC: any replies to me since I'm not subscribed to this list.]
>
> I'm still listed as current maintainer of the virtual package name list,
> as distributed on ftp.debian.org (doc/package-developer/).

> It would be
> nice if someone could reupload this file and change the contact address.

The standard virtual-package-names-list.text.gz is located in /usr/doc
and found in the package debian-policy, of course.

Ew, I just noticed that that file has it's own changelog.  It should
probably either have a separate changelog or else just have it's
changelog be part of the debian-policy changelog.

Anyhow, back on the subject.  This must be the paragraph of which
Christian spoke:

3. Mail the maintainer of the virtual package name list (Christian
   Schwarz <schwarz@debian.org>) notifying him of the consensus reached (or
   your suggestions if noone objected).  Please include a proposed brief
   description of the new virtual name(s) for the list.  The list
   maintainer will then post the new list to debian-devel and upload it
   to the FTP site.

This email address should be changed to either a new virtual mail
address (i.e., <virtual-packages@debian.org>) or to Debian Policy
<debian-policy@lists.debian.org>).