Re: Maybe it's time to split debian-devel-changes

On 20 Aug 1998, Martin Mitchell wrote:

> I suggest that the current debian-devel-changes be your
> debian-devel-changes-source list, because I think most of the people
> currently subscribed to debian-devel-changes are developers, more
> interested in new releases (ie source packages) than binaries.

Ah, I now understand what you meant, but now I do not fully agree :-)

It may be true that most of the people currently in debian-devel-changes
are developers, but they are also "advanced users", and most of them of
the i386 architecture (this is a fact, not an i386-centrism), and I think
that most of them are interested in new .deb packages and only a minority
of them are interested in new source packages.

Maybe the right thing to do here, since none of the new lists did exist
previously, and since debian-devel-changes will disappear as such, is
to let people to subscribe to whatever list they like and not to subscribe
anybody automatically to any of the new lists. Of course, this would have
to be clearly advertised, etc. etc.

Opinions?

--
 "f66efa4c339fa6826fa5d693d8dbf87c" (a truly random sig)