Re: A proposal to revive the Policy document

I disagree with Manoj wrt the level of formality required for
maintaining the policy document.

I think we should have one or several policy editors who will produce
a reasonable procedure to ensure that everyone is aware of discussions
and their status.  The editors would act as document editors do in the
IETF, and make changes to the document when rough consensus was
achieved.

The Technical Committee (which is currently awaiting me to check up on
its mailing lists) will handle disputes which cannot be sorted out by
discussion.

I don't think we need to have a formal process for ensuring that
amendments are tracked etc.  If the policy editors don't do a good job
then the Technical Committee can overrule them, or in extremis decide
in favour of someone else's request to take them over.

The editors should probably used shared CVS or something if there are
more than one.

Ian.