Re: What RMS says about standards (was: [rms@gnu.org: Re: Questions regarding free documentation.]

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
>  Fine. However, this is not how we do things now, if the binary
>  distributon becomes multiCD, as it is threatening to. Since those
>  files live in base-files, it shall be in only one CD -- so we do need
>  to change things around to meet your new requirement.

Eh?  I'm having trouble understanding "how we do things now, if the
binary distribution becomes multiCD".

Right now, /usr/doc/copyright/{GPL,LGPL,..} is a part of base-files,
which is an essential package, and it's on the base disks (at least
that's the way it is in the "current" disks-i386 in hamm).

I don't think that I'm expressing a new requirement.

--
Raul