Re: PROPOSAL: A mechanism for updating Debian Policy documents

Hi,
>>"Buddha" == Buddha Buck <bmbuck@acsu.buffalo.edu> writes:

 Buddha> I would still like some statement to be made in regards to
 Buddha> amendments to the amendments.  I do not mind the "informal"
 Buddha> amendment style that was discussed (author listens to
 Buddha> discussion, and submits an amended proposal, based on the
 Buddha> issues raised in the discussion), but I would like to see
 Buddha> some minimal time for debate over an amended amendment.  If a
 Buddha> new version is released too close to the deadline, there may
 Buddha> not be enough time for interested developers to review it
 Buddha> before the close of discussion.  I don't see this as a major
 Buddha> problem, but I'd still like to see it dealt with.

	I hope that is that is the case, the people in the group have
 the judgement to extend the period of discussion. Or else, one may
 raise a formal objection that would cause a vote to be taken, and
 the time taken to set up the mechanism can be used for discussion.

	I hope that we are level headed enough not to require a
 mandated minimum time limit after the last change; anything that
 really does require that is probably to contentous to be resolved in
 the informal manner in which the policy mailing lists work; they
 should really be going to the General Resolution protocol decreed by
 the constitution.

	manoj
--
 "Oh dear, I think you'll find reality's on the blink again." Marvin
 The Paranoid Android