Re: package configuration design

Previously Raul Miller wrote:
> I thought you were trying to emulate what dpkg does with its conffiles?

I'm aiming for the same effect, not the same method.

> If the conffile exactly matches what was supplied by the package last
> time around, it gets replaced.

And if the tag says it was last set by the package you don't need to check
the value, you already know it was a previous default. Maybe I should
have called it a "isdefault" tag instead (or add another tag for that,
I'll have to think about that some more).

> Now you're saying that packages won't share values?

I neved said that. The text says:
   This space is divided into different sections in the same way a filesystem
   is. The toplevel-hiearchy is for package: each package has it's own
   configuration data in a folder of the root. Packages which share a common
   purpose may use a shared folder, preferable with the same as as a shared
   (virtual) packagename.

What other shared values did you have in mind? (hmm, install-mime comes
to mind, but that shouldn't be hard to add in this scheme. I'm a bit
too sleepy now to really work that out).

Wichert.