Re: package configuration design

Previously Raul Miller wrote:
> But md5sums are much smaller than most files, so more space efficient to
> store than a complete copy of the file.

But use a per-variable tag which indicates if a package or user has set it
is takes much less space then a md5sums. And it allows much finer-grained
checking: per variable instead of per configuration file.

> (2) A package should be able to say: flush all the old things which
> are associated with me, here's the current set...

But since each package gets it's own hierarchy in the configuration space
you can just remove that hierarchy and you're done.

Wichert.