Re: bug #23953 ae: postinst does not check for errors

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> The problem isn't in the postinst (I know neither of them use set
> -e) but in the preinst script.

Say what?  update-alternatives is called in the *postinst*, and it's
the *postinst* that is mentioned in the bug report as not checking for
errors.  If update-alternatives is failing, ae will be left
unconfigured, not uninstalled.

Oh, and the preinst _does_ set -e (and thereby check for errors).

> If that script fails then ae is not installed.

Yes, but it's not the script in question.  BTW ae's preinst is 100%
redundant and should be removed.  ae has no pre-depends, checking if
dpkg supports pre-depends is an exercise in pointlessness.

--
James
~Yawn And Walk North~                                  http://yawn.nocrew.org/