Re: Idea for non-free organization

1) Simply remove the non-free from the archive and the problem will go
away. CD buyers are unhappy if they don't get a 'complete mirror'.

2) Non-US is the fault of my government (better worded as the government
which happens to rule my nation). PGP is actually non-free in the US, so I
can't export it and I can't use it in a job or business without paying for
it. The US government should accomodate Debian, not the other way around.

3) Discontinue use of PGP in the project. I carefully checked the license
terms and I have to buy it to use it as a Debian developer. I would
venture to say that every US maintainer needs to consider whether his
business or employer eventually benefits from voluntary participation in
the project. That constitutes commercial use of PGP. So I won't apply to
become a maintainer. The 'unofficial' packages I build are now unsigned.

4) The packaging system and tools are the best available. Encourage people
to use them. Every debianized packages does not have to be part of the
official distribution but should be harmonious with it.

5) (I believe this only applies to a few people) Don't be rude or snobbish
to 'outsiders' who fix problems and send the info to the package
maintainer. If I add 2 characters to a line of c and it fixes something,
use it. If you don't write c, ask another maintainer about it. But be nice
to guys like me who are only trying to help.