Re: Closing bugs in another developer's package

Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org> wrote last week:
> > What's protocol on closing bugs in someone else's package when it's
> > clear that the bugs were actually fixed (in a maintainer release or by
> > the circumstances around the bug changing) some time ago but stayed open
> > in the tracking system?

If I opened the bug originally, and it's clear to me that the condition
no longer exists, I feel free to close it. [Mostly, this only happens
when I have unusual hardware that prevents the maintainer from ever
having reproduced the bug in the first place.]

--
Raul