Re: Conflicts between developers and policy

Raul> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
>> We do need a statement saying that the project has indeed adopted
>> this policy document, and the ``policy'' nomenclature is not a
>> ``mistake''.

Raul> We have one -- Ian made it.  You've been objecting to it.

	A statement of opinion from a developer (note that Ian did not
 speak as a leader fiat) has no more value that another developer that
 says it is not so. I say it is not so. So there.

Raul> [Actually, we have many such statements, go look at the web
Raul> site. Or do we need something in the constitution before you'll
Raul> accept the web site?]

	Correct. Ian said that policy can not state that policy should
 be followed, since the constitution does not say that. There fore we
 can not follow the web site either.

	How come you did not object to Ian's statement that policy can
 not say that policy should be followed unless so authorized by the
 constitution? Is it just me you argue with?

	manoj
--
 "We will be better and braver if we engage and inquire than if we
 indulge in the idle fancy that we already know -- or that it is of no