Re: Conflicts between developers and policy

Hi,

James> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
>> Well, it was gfetting frustating, what with being in the middle of
>> two conversations, one with Dale and James, who are of the opinion
>> that policy is a guideline, and not a set of rules adopted by the
>> project

James> Again, please don't misrepresent my position like this.  I made
James> one rash comment which I later retracted (see previous
James> message), and I haven't been actively involved in this
James> ``conversation'' since I posted my retraction on 1998-04-23.

	True enough. You have really not been as radical as I have
 made you out to be. However, I think, the point is that it could well
 be some one else in the future who is not quite as reasonable as you
 have been.

	We do need a statement saying that the project has indeed
 adopted this policy document, and the ``policy'' nomenclature
 is not a ``mistake''.

	manoj

--
 America has been discovered before, but it has always been hushed
 up. Oscar Wilde