Re: Intent to package: debian-keyring

On Mon, Apr 20, 1998 at 03:57:27PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> On 20 Apr 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > 	By the way, I do not think I am alone in regarding the Policy
> >  as a standards document; a quick (informal) poll on IRC showed a
> >  wider accord (for what it counts for).
> >
> Folks with time on their hands tend to support measures that control the
> group for the betterment of all without reguard to the desirablility of
> such controls by those who have it imposed upon them. (sorry for the
> tangled sentance)

Dale, there are plenty of hard-working Debian folks who spend time in the
IRC channel.  Richard Braakman, Manoj, Joey Schulze, Joey Hess, Jason
Gunthorpe, Ray "JHM" Dassen, Igor Grobmann... I know I'm forgetting several
-- no denigration of their hard work is intended.

I think you are mischaracterizing the developers who utilize the IRC
channel, and it does not strengthen your argument.  To what extent the
policy manual should be a "guideline", and to what extent it should be
a "standard", is an issue to which IRC has no relevance.

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |   We either learn from history or,
Purdue University                   |   uh, well, something bad will happen.