Re: PROPOSAL: Extrafiles (was Re: Conffiles...)

Hi,
>>"Ian" == Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

Ian> Should dpkg --purge automatically remove such files, as it does
Ian> for conffiles ?  I think not.

	No, since in some cases these files have not been put into the
 pkg.list file just to keep dpkg's grubby little fingers off them
 ;-). The extra files that I am aware of have already put in a system
 to manage themselves, and do not need dpkg's help [if they do need
 dpkg's help they should be listed in the package. Also, this way dpkg
 does not have to keep track of link count.

	manoj
 Hmmm. Maybe later, there could be a usitlity that cleans up thse
 files if requested by looking for the link count.
--
 "I got everybody to pay up front...then I blew up their planet." "Now
 why didn't I think of that?" Post Bros. Comics