Re: General bug policy

On 11 Apr 1998, Adam P. Harris wrote:

> I see four possible valid parties for closing bugs:
>   * party is the maintainer
>   * party is the submitter
>   * party has been given permission by the maintainer to close the bug
>     (i.e., the maintainer is soliciting support from another developer
>     to help with package maintenance).

I would add:

    * party is NM and bug is present only on the NMR 'NM' did.

I was non-maintaining wmaker for a while (because the maintainer
was not available), and I introduced a few bugs, which I fixed on
a subsequent NMR. I asked here if I could close the bugs because
they where related to the NMU I did. The answer was 'yes, go
ahead'.

					Marcelo