Re: kernel headerts and libc6

On 13 Apr 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	Ok, I give up. As Ian suggested, maybe we do need
>  libc-kheaders package. The upstream version could be the same as the
>  kernel version, and it shall be updated as libc6 development
>  will. This way, there shall be less linkage with the kernel-*
>  packages.
>
> 	I am tired of answering questions on -user.

Why is it that a good FAQ never seems to work?

> 	I can incorporate it inot kernel-package; it shall not be a
>  target normally called, so people shall not suddenly start creating
>  libc-kheaders packages.
>
> 	It shall just contain the kernel headers. Dale, please let me
>  know if you want the headers dumped into a real /usr/include/linux
>  directory, or what. I think we should make then real directories,
>  just to prevent more uninformed questions.

I have no strong interest one way of the other. I guess that if you make
it a directory, then I don't need to deal with any symlinks in the libc6
package?

> 	It means more work for all involved, but hey.

It's what we're here for ;-)

> 	Should this go into slink? Or can it still go into hamm? Maybe
>  this may cause less confusion if it does go in released hamm.

I think this is a bug fix and should go into frozen.

Waiting is,

Dwarf