Re: changelog vs ChangeLog and policy dictates

Dale Scheetz wrote:
> There are several other components of this package that also supply
> changelogs of the form ChangeLog.<addon>. Are these files also in
> violation of policy? This is a lot of "mucking around" for what looks to
> me to be very little gain.

Well, I can give you one data point: having a consistent name for the
changelog is a lot of gain for me.  I always read the changelogs of
packages that I install.  Knowing the filename in advance saves me a
lot of time, I simply type "less /usr/doc/foo/changelog.gz".  If the
changelog name is unpredictable, I would always have to stop and get
a directory listing first, and look for the changelog.  This is
IMHO an unnecessary annoyance.

Richard Braakman