Re: Packaging Gimp plugins?

    Ben> Basically, GIMP plugins can easily be provided by other
    Ben> non-gimp packages (and are, in SANE) but there is currently
    Ben> no policy for doing so.
    Ben>
    Ben> Plug-ins currently go into /usr/lib/gimp/0.99/ -- I'm
    Ben> assuming this will change to 1.0 when 1.0 is released.

    Martin> Are the plugins dependend on a particular version of gimp?
    Martin> If not no version should be mentioned in the path.  If so
    Martin> why not enable a special directory /usr/lib/gimp/plugins?

It's possible that GIMP 1.1 or 1.2 or whatnot will totally change
the way plug-ins work.

    Ben> Is it kosher to just have any package dump a plug-in into
    Ben> this directory?

    Martin> Why not?

Good 'nough answer for me; I just know there's policy for elisp
packages, perl library packages, etcetera..

perhaps we should follow the libperl-blah convention for naming
Perl packages, and use libgimp-blah?

--
Brought to you by the letters H and V and the number 8.
"You have my pills!" -- Grampa Simpson