Re: Packaging Gimp plugins?

    John> What is the policy on packaging Gimp plugins?  There is one
    John> in particular (Sharpen) that I'd like to see.  Do I just
    John> package it up or what?

I agree, this needs a mention in policy. But it should probably be
brought up on debian-policy; I'm forwarding this to the debian-policy
list.

Basically, GIMP plugins can easily be provided by other non-gimp
packages (and are, in SANE) but there is currently no policy
for doing so.

Plug-ins currently go into /usr/lib/gimp/0.99/ -- I'm assuming this
will change to 1.0 when 1.0 is released.

Is it kosher to just have any package dump a plug-in into this
directory?

--
Brought to you by the letters S and Q and the number 6.
"You should be glad you don't have diaper rash. Mah Jongg." -- The Critic