Re: Strange Dependancies

Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@feedback.net.ar> writes:
>  I think we should have a more formal definition of Debian's files, and
> which is the right way to parse them...

Or, for slink, we just strip down dpkg (take out package dependancy
calculation), put /var/lib/dpkg/info/* and /var/lib/dpkg/status into
some managable, scalable format, and use XML for the control files.

If we use XML, not only will we be standards based, but with our
little (20 line or so?) DTD, we'll have no ambiguities on how
instances of our debian control DTD is parsed, normalized, and
validated.