Strange Dependancies

FYI,

I have just added support in APT for constructs like:

Package: sgml-tools
Version: 1.0.5-1
Section: text
Maintainer: Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de>
Depends: libc6, sp (>= 1.1.1-3), sgml-data (>= 0.02),
         sgml-base, gawk, perl (>= 5.004.04-4)
Suggests: groff, latex, dvips, texinfo, info-browser

(note the multiple lines used for the depends)

I got a bug report effectively saying that dpkg permits this. Till then I
had thought it was invalid. only xzip and sgml-tools make use of this.

Thought some of you who write scripts to look at the archive would like to
know..

I have a verifying parser and normalizing emitter which corrects many many
oddball constructs that dpkg accepts if anyone is interested.

Jason