Re: Problems with build target

Good day!

I thought the build targed is ought to rebuild the package where it is
needed.  For my interpretation this means that if any source file has
been changed it has to be re-compiled.  If that builds a binary the
binary has to be re-linked.  For my feeling this should not depend on
the stamp-file but on the files the package depends on.

This does not work if there is no ".PHONY build" statement and a stamp
file with name 'build'.  The hello package doesn't contain 'build' in
the .PHONY statement.

As I don't see consense on this and don't recall a hook in our
packaging documentation I won't bother you with it any longer.  I've
instead improved my wrapper.

Sorry for the disturbance,

      Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/  VFS: no free i-nodes, contact Linus  -- finlandia, Feb '94   /