Re: Problems with build target

Hi,

	If you wish to have something always run, no matter what, do
 not touch build at the end. (No need to create a stamp file and then
 remove it).

	If you only sometimes want to rebuild it, create a stamp file
 in the rules, just rm -f it before running make. (my head hurts with
 all this abuild stuff).

	If you add patches, run ./deban/rules clean, or something. Or
 rm -f build.

	I fail to see how a stamp-build makes any difference -- either
 it shal rebuild no matter what, or it woould not build after applying
 the patch -- I don't see how this would work correctly on all cases.
 (Changing the stamp file name to be different from the target means
 the target is always remade -- obviating the function of the stamp
 file). What am I missing?

	I too see no need to put this into policy.

	manoj
--
 "You know, we've won awards for this crap." David Letterman