Re: Apology to the authors of helper packages

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	Heh. That takes care of one of my major objections to the
>  helper packages. The opacity of the helpers was a major
>  bugbear. Maybe it is time to install this and have another look.

I agree.  I've come to realize that my strongest objections to the
helper programs were most applicable to debmake (especially in its
earliest days), and that debhelper is quite a bit less concerning --
most of my more important objections have been addressed.

Even still, I'm probably going to continue to do everything by hand
for now; good practice if nothing else :>

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>