Re: GIMP depends on fonts, but fonts don't have to be in a package..

Hi,

> GIMP *needs* access to the 75bpp X fonts *and* the 100bpp X fonts. So
> I made the gimp package depend on xfnt75 and xfnt100. No problems
> there, but some people don't install xfnt75 and xfnt100, and instead
> use xfs to serve the fonts out.

Just to make it clear, my situation is somewhat different. I do not
want to use xfs but:

1. A rack mounted server, where gimp is installed (without screen
   and keyboard)
2. Many client PCs, each running a local X11 server with locally
   installed xfnt Packages. Gimp runs on the server but its output
   is displayed on one of the client PCs.

Cheers, Thomas