Re: About sections contents

Kirk Hilliard <kirk@ghoti.com> writes:

> For instance, the make-doc package (documentation for make, not a
> package for making documentation) is in section doc even though the
> make package itself is in section devel, but over three quarters of
> the other *-doc packages are in the same section as the package they
> document.  The reasoning behind this should be documented in either
> the packaging manual or policy manual so that new maintainers can
> choose the appropriate section for new *-doc packages.

I usually try to put packages together, thinking that they will be
easier to find.  There are so many packages that I'm sure there are
many mistakes.

If you have any suggestions for movements or even new sections, I'd be
happy to hear them.  Moving packages from section to section is very
easy; [1] I just edit the override file, and a script moves them.

[1] Unlike moving them around in main, contrib, non-free, though I'm
planing on finishing that one tonight.

Guy