Re: Extending version numbering (Was: glibc_2.0.7pre1-3)

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	And why is that? I mean, I used to dislike epochs too, but the
>  more I think about it, the less real reasons I find to abhor it. I
>  mean, the epoch is just in the changelog file, isn't it?

Oh, I know.  I couldn't care less, but some people seem to.  I'm
certainly not going to be leading the crusade for (or making) the
changes, but I don't mind accomodating them if the people who care
have a reasonable counter-proposal that works and doesn't break
anything.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>