Re: glibc_2.0.7pre1-3 uploaded to master

On Tue, Mar 03, 1998 at 06:52:24PM -0600, Rob Browning wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
>
> > 	Well, nothing really, I guess ... Is it not the case that
> >  once you start using an epoch you can never cease? That 1:1.0.0
> >  always is greater than 9.0.0? And the next time it happens the epoch
> >  gets bumped up again.
>
> Yep.
>
> > 	Hmm, that's not so bad, though, is it?
>
> Nope.  You'll never see it, so who cares.

Well, it is a whole human mentality thing.  I don't know why.  Even though
most people won't see the epochs, it just bugs me, so I avoid epochs unless
I absolutely have to.  :-)  It is a permanent imperfection, so to speak.  I
know, grossly exaggerated, but...  Who knows?  :-)

Anthony