Re: policy violation and bug reports. - some resolution?

On 27 Feb 1998, James Troup wrote:

> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:
>
> > >   - make the program setuid in the .deb file. Additionally, put this in the
> > > postinst:
> >
> > No, games should not be `setuid', but `setgid games' only.
>
> Uh, svgalib based games have this unfortunate habit of requiring root.

Of course. Lintian currently knows the following cases:

  game:     binary may be setgid-games
  svgalib:  binary may be setuid-root

Every other use of setgid/setuid needs acknowledgement by the maintainers.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com