Re: /usr/share

> Umm, did you even read the FHS before posting this?  /usr/share is
> mandated by FHS

I knew it's purpose, yes.  The only thing that this mentions that I didn't
know is the "is for all read-only architecture independent data files" part.

I can understand why making it untouchable by packages will violate the "all"
part, but I notice you didn't provide any other possible solutions to the
problems I mentioned.

As the organizer of the Deity team, I know all about the capabilities of
the proposed features.  While it will eventually have the ability to move
files from place to place, that isn't yet available.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

 The squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease.  Sometimes it gets replaced.