Re: sources to both contrib & main packages

Hi,
>>"Hamish" == Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

Hamish> The problem I see is that with the source in main, although
Hamish> you can build www-pgsql just fine, calling "debian/rules
Hamish> binary" would have to make www-mysql too (if the same sources
Hamish> are to be used), and making www-mysql requires non-free
Hamish> components. So although the source for www-sql can go into
Hamish> main, the same source will always try to build both a main and
Hamish> a contrib package.

Hamish> But, having written that, I think you're trying to tell me
Hamish> that it doesn't matter. Building www-mysql might fail if the
Hamish> mysql package is not installed, but that doesn't matter
Hamish> because www-pgsql can be built successfully. Is that what you
Hamish> meant? Does anyone disagree?

	Correct. If you feel strongly about that, create a
 binary-non-fre target in the rules file, as well as binaty-main. Let
 binary-indep (or binary-arch) depend on both.

	People can then call
 dpkg-source -b; debian/rules build-main; debian/rules binary-main;
 dpkg-genchanges; pgp -u user +clearsig=on .dsc;
 pgp -u user +clearsig=on .changes

	See? deb file, nothing in non-free needed.

	End of story?

	manoj
 know thy tools
--
 Trained mules are excellent, and so are thoroughbred horses from the
 Sindh, and so are great battle elephants, but more excellent than