Re: manpage for GNU utilities?

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
  >	In that case, we should start writing man pages, and not just
  > file bug reports and leave the task to a few maintainers that are
  > stuck with packages with mostly info documentation.

I agree that other people than the maintainers should be willing to write
man pages, but I think that anyone doing so should announce that the fact
on debian-devel or debian-doc.  We don't really want to have several people
simultaneously writing manpages for sort, while other programs are ignored.

The first candidate for writing manpages should be the maintainer.
Perhaps Christian could produce a list of the packages that need updated
manpages so that the maintainer can say whether or not he can do them
for 2.0 and so that other people can claim them if the maintainer hasn't
the time.