Re: awk: essential virtual package?

Hi,

	Package mawk, which provides awk, is required. If base files
 depends on awk, it wold also be essential. I think rather than
 filing about 1700 bug reports against packages that use awk,
 base-files package should again depend on awk. packages should not
 have to declare dependencies on awk, sed, and grep.

	This is the only way currently to make a virtual package
 essential: by having an essential package depend on it.

	Should I file a bug against base-files for gratituously
 removing the awk dependency and causing major breakage of the hamm
 release?

	manoj
--
 It is not work that kills men; it is worry.  Work is healthy; you can
 hardly put more upon a man than he can bear.  Worry is rust upon the