Re: Removing /usr/lib/sendmail

On Thu, Feb 12, 1998 at 05:17:07PM +0100, Christian Schwarz wrote:
> I think it would be better to discuss the new standard first. Note, that
> the current policy only mentions that packages requiring an MTA have to
> depend on the VP mail-transport-agent.
>
> So we need to define in the policy manual
>
>   1. which binary has to be provided by each `mail-transport-agent'
>
>   2. which arguments this command has to accept
>
>   3. (probably more on the interface of this command)

	I have just one request: ensure that different
	mail-transport-agents are not required to repeat
	sendmail's quirks. Qmail's sendmail-clone might be
	a good independent implementation, do not require
	anything it doesn't implement and you are quite
	certain not to require anything too weird.

	PS. Cc'ed to debian-policy, this should propably be
	    discussed there. Please drop debian-devel if
	    you reply.
--
tv-nospam-sig-1@hq.yok.utu.fi - it's a valid address w/o spam | +358-50-5124907
f u cn rd ths, thn u cn rd perl 2 | rm -rf / && echo bye-bye. |           --tv