Re: [Various] Mailcrypt - EMACS package maintainers please read this message.

    > Note that this indicates that in these cases it's up to the
    > maintainer to determine when performance is an issue.  For
    > example, if there's only one .el file, and it just contains

    >   (setq load-path (cons "/some/load/dir") load-path)

    > Then I don't think byte-compiling's worth the effort.

 It's almost always worth the effort to byte compile the code.  It
 will alway result in a performance gain.  Often the code uses lisp
 macros, which run much faster when byte compiled, since they get
 expanded once at compile time, rather than each time they are read.