Re: Making books from docs again

G John Lapeyre <lapeyre@newton.physics.arizona.edu> writes:

>        permission is granted to
>        freely distribute verbatim copies of this document
>        provided that no modifications outside of formatting be
>        made, and that this notice remain intact.

>        Soeller (csoelle@sghms.ac.uk) 1997.  Commercial
>        reproduction of this documentation in a different format
>        is forbidden.

Note that your program's distribution is more restrictive than
perltoot's.  For example, he allows someone to make a book out of the
documentation and sell it, but your copyright does not.

I agree that the first is arguably non-DFSG.  I would think that
applying the Artistic license to his documentation would be
sufficient, where a modified version would have to state that this is
a modified version and from where to get the original.

Guy