Re: Can NM close bugs in his/her NMR?

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, Marcelo E. Magallón wrote:

[snip]
> In recent mail, Christian Schwarz (cf. debian-policy "RFC: New bug
> severity level 'fixed'" and "Results from Policy Weekly #5") has proposed
> a new severity "fixed". That's what I'm doing in the case of #16666
> (should ", fixes=16666" be added to the first line in the changelog?).

Note, that for now the new upload procedure (the one that will close the
bug reports automatically for you) is not implemented. So for now, you
have to close all bug reports yourself.

The current proposal is that dinstall checks for NMR (compare the person
of the changelog entry with the maintainer field) and either close the bug
reports (MR) or assign the severity level to `fixed' (NMR).

Furthermore, the "closes=" in the first line is obsolete. (This was a
suggestion by a few people here, but has not been approved.) Also note,
that you will need to put "," between the changelog entries in the future.
Here is a fixed entry:

 wmaker (0.12.3-0.5) unstable; urgency=low

   * Fixed menu entry and handling of menu file. Many many thanks Joey!
     (fixes: bug#17014)
   * Fixes a stupid typo in libwmaker0 postinst (fixes: bug#16919,
     bug#17359, bug#17335, bug#17392)
   * libwmaker0-dev, which now replaces wmlib-dev, doesn't have a typo
     in depends (fixes: bug#16666)

> Also, the approved policy states that a NM should not close bugs. But what
> if the bugs are only related to the NMR as in this case?

IMO, you can close such bug reports yourself.

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/