Re: Proposal: emacsen and add-on package handling

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

> 1. I think it would be good if you could include the final version of this
> `Debian Emacs Policy' :) in one of the emacs packages (perhaps
> emacsen-common?).

Or should it go in the debian-policy package along with the fsstnd,
etc?  I was planning what you suggested, but I thought this might also
be an alternative worth considering.  In any case the main Debian
Policy document should have a pointer to it, wherever it ends up.

> 2. You mentioned a new `emacsen' virtual package and I have not seen any
> objections so far. So, unless someone objects now, I'll add that package
> to our authoritative list. Here is the entry (please tell me if this is
> fine):
>
>   emacsen     Anything providing the GNU emacs or a compatible editor

Looks good to me.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>