Re^2: doc only packages

Am 14.01.98 schrieb bruce # va.debian.org ...

Moin bruce@va.debian.org!

b> Can you point me to the license statement? I will take it up with the
b> W3 chair.

Read the copyright FAQ (www.w3.org).

b> They should give us the freedom to make changes in formatting, spelling,
b> language translation, and presentation. They should give us the freedom
b> to maintain the documents once they lose interest in them.

You can change formating, spelling, language, but you're not allowed to
change the *content*. And this effects most of our documents. For example
the RedHat team doesn't allow changes in the content of their RPM HOWTO.

b> That's really as much as they should do. Free software includes the freedom
b> to maintain it.

This doesn't solve our problems. Should we move all document packages to
non-free?

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.d400.de      Fido: 2:240/5202.15